I don’t eat pizza very often unless its one of the fancy good qualities ones, because I know its not good for me and will leave me feeling sick. However, this pizza is not like that!! It’s so fresh and light and you can eat the whole thing and not feel guilty about it!!
It’s heathy, it’s vegan and it’s EASY !!
It may not be your regular, doughy pizza crust but if you want something that has the same flavour and is practically as healthy as salad you’ll want to make this. It’s light and fresh and will leave you feeling fabulous. It’s full of flavour and you can alter the herbs and veggies to you liking.
This recipe made a decent sized pizza but I managed to finish the whole thing and felt very satisfied.
2 cups riced cauliflower ( about ½ head)
3 TBS chia eggs (soak chia in water until gel is formed)
¼ quinoa flour (or any flour of choice – oat would work well)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder or small clove of fresh garlic
½ tsp fennel
Handful of fresh basil
Handful of fresh parsley
1 TBS nutritional yeast (optional)
1 spring onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200˚C
- Create Chia eggs – soak chia in 6TBS water and leave in fridge
- Break cauliflower into florets and lightly blend to a ‘rice’ consistency (approx. 2 cups)
- Using a dish cloth/cheese cloth, wrap cauliflower rice and squeeze out excess water from cauliflower
- Transfer to bowl and combine remaining ingredients, then add chia eggs and mix completely
- Line a shallow baking pan with baking paper and spread out the dough to form your desired pizza shape
- Bake for 25-30 mins (until edges are brown)
- Remove from oven and add sauce/toppings – I used what i could find in my fridge – pasta sauce, avocado, onion, sun-dried tomato, radish, capsicum and tomatoes
- Bake for another 10-15 mins until ready.
** This makes a decent sized pizza but I easily finished the whole thing