This is one of those pinterest recipes I thought would never work!! However – it did and even I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and delicious it was ! Also its like dessert/sweet/breakfast/gluten free/vegan/guilt-free “pizza” !! I mean what could be better? Dominos need to get onto this ASAP !
The best part about this part, minus the fact that its the best combination of fruit and coconut but also it passes the pizza test so YES can be called pizza. You slice it up, then can pick it up and eat it like any other pizza !
1 watermelon (or 1/2) – pretty much as long as you can cut it in a circular shape
1 can of full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp agave (or maple syrup/stevia etc.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Any fruit toppings you desire – I used mango, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, passionfruit, goji berries, coconut shreds and mint
- Refrigerate coconut cream overnight, freeze a mixing bowl and cut up your desired toppings then store in fridge
- Once ready to make, open can and separate out the cream – overnight the thick/solid cream should have floated to the top, this is what you want to use, and leave the water at the bottom
- Place cream, agave and vanilla extract in your chilled mixing bowl then use an electric whisk to mix
- Whip until nice and fluffy
- Cut your watermelon to the pizza shape and spread on your coconut cream
- Then add all your desired toppings
- This can be refrigerated and will keep for about 2 days but its best eaten fresh
Its also goes perfectly with a nice jar of iced coffee!
In a blender mix ice, almond or coconut milk and a shot of espresso – then serve in a cool trendy jar, because who honestly uses glasses anymore?
Then invite your friends over and have a pizza party!!